“35 years of coaching left me so stressed out and tired all the time. But using the strategies in this book [Transcendental Meditation and the ancient health science known as Ayurveda], I’ve had so many health benefits, plus calmness, sleeping well, and just happier and gentler with people. I had no idea this could happen—it’s a true game changer.”
—Patricia Glispin, Hall of Fame Women’s Basketball Coach, Clark University, Worcester, MA
What’s Inside the Book
Get a Diet For Coherence (and Better Health)
- Take the quiz to determine your Ayurvedic body type and the disorders that you are prone to getting— then find the foods to favor and reduce based on your body type and disorders.
- Learn six key foods and 10 others to boost immune strength, and learn the need for exercise and good hydration to help your white blood cells destroy viruses.
- Learn the special rules about key foods (like no milk with seafood or meat in same meal).
- Other Ayurveda guidelines
Digestion and Elimination
- Learn tips to eliminate body waste in the morning (and why you need to do it to maintain order in the physiology).
- Take the quiz to determine if weak digestion is causing toxins in the body and what to do about it.
- Find herbs to aid digestion and elimination.
Comparison of Meditation Programs
- Are you a terrible meditator or is it just the difficulty of your technique?
- Comparison of Mindfulness, the Transcendental Meditation® technique (TM), and others based on science and the laws of nature (does trying to be mindful actually make you more mindful?).
- Learn how TM® but not other meditations develops alpha brain wave coherence and why it’s so important.
- Learn the value of silence in TM.
- For more information on TM, go to TM.org
Exercise and Yoga
- Learn Yoga positions to favor based on your Ayurvedic body type.
- Learn exercises for your body type.
What is the Coherence Effect?
Coherence heals. The coherence effect is the healing effect of creating order in the mind and body. All diseases are disorders, and the antidote is to create order in the disordered part of the body. That is what modern medicine seeks to do with its pharmaceuticals. But if we want lasting health, we need to apply the coherence principle of creating order to what keeps us healthy on a daily basis—to our diet, exercise, and rest and relaxation or meditation practices. The book shows how to do this through the Transcendental Meditation program and Ayurveda.
"This one book is all you need to guide you to health and flourishing in life. As a doctor prescribing Ayurveda and TM for over 30 years, I am continually amazed and gratified to see my patients visibly blossom in radiant health and happiness with the profound, coherence-generating approaches described in this book."
—Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, Author of The Healthy Brain Solution, The Ageless Woman, and co-author of A Woman’s Best Medicine
“After having practiced other types of meditation for years, TM has been transformative in my life as a critical care physician, researcher, mother/wife/daughter. As I now lead an entire division of physicians through this CoV19 crisis, TM has been my anchor, and I am petitioning our entire health system to train all our healthcare providers in TM.”
—Patty Lee, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Pathology, and Cell Biology; Chief,Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care; Duke University Medical Center
What the Coherence Effect Can Do For You
Reduced Tobacco Use
Anger and PTSD
“This book illustrates a simple, yet profound law of nature governing health and human development—coherence heals. Keith, Jay, and Chris demonstrate the importance to life of mind and body coherence, and they show how to develop it.”
—Tony Nader, MD, PhD, MARR, Head of the International Transcendental Meditation organizations in over 100 countries
visit Dr. Nader’s Website
Get Your Coherence Guidelines
If you want to receive Coherence Guidelines, please sign up here:
The Coherence Effect
Coherence is needed in every area of life. It’s time to see what it does for your health and peace of mind.
Take the next step.